trailer by Sara Sassanelli, 2018
LOW KEY, 2017-18, Collaboration between Michael Kitchin, Eve Stainton and Sara Sassanelli
Low-Key moves to offload judgement within a performance space Thinking on the notion of 'skilled' and prioritising a space where this hierarchy is as far away as possible. mixing music as a way into wanting to move and enjoying moving and being seen.
a series of phone-shot dancing videos forms part of the research which contributes to a film element projected in the space.
Low key follows a format that invites an extra performer each time. invited performers include: Rukeya, rowdy ss, fernanda Muñoz-newsome, nitetrax, ersatz
LOW KEY development and performances
developed in residence at Inventory Platform, London, 2017.
- Further development at Yorkshire Dance , 2017.
- Performed at 'Lost Senses' at Guest Projects, curated by Linda Rocco, 2017.
- Performed at Steakhouse Live's Tender Loin #11 at Toynbee Studios (Arts Admin), 2017.
- Performed at GUSH Vol3, hosted by Last Yearz Interesting Negro, 2017.
- Performed at Somerset House Studios for inneru, with Rukeya, 2018.
- Performed at Physarum Borax curated by Ella Fleck and Bryony James at Platform Southwark. Joined by Fernanda Munoz-Newsome and ERSATZ, 2018.
- Performed at inneru at The Yard. Joined by Rowdy SS and Nitetrax, 2018.